Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: Carbon
Fix Version/s: None
Operating System: All
I have a cluster with three members and create six entities. Every cluster member registers these entities. When the cluster is running normally, each member owns two entities and the cluster is load balanced.
Situation one: I use Iptables command to isolate member1. Now member2 and member3 both own three entities and candidate member1 doesn't disappear. But when member1 is back to the cluster. It doesn't own any entity. So when the network shock happens, the load balanced can not guaranteed.
Situation two: When I kill and restart the app on member1. It doesn't own any entities too.
Steps to reproduce,
1. Bring up a 3 node cluster
2. Kill the controller process for member-1.(Or isolate the member-1 network)
3. Now the member-2 and member-3 both have three entities. Candidate member-1 still alive but it doesn't own any entities.
4. Restart the member-1(Or recovery the member-1 network)
5. Member-1 still doesn't own any entities. Member-2 and Member-3 both own three entities. The load balanced is destroyed.