TransportPCE Silicon release proposes an experimental support for high rate services, leveraging Flexgrid feature introduced in Aluminium.
First implementation allows rendering 400 GE services.
Service creation/deletion using OpenROADM North Bound Interface as well as the support of additional B100G (Beyond 100 Gbps) intermediate rate services will be added over the Si release train.
Asynchronous service creation and deletion are also introduced thanks to northbound notifications modules based on a Kafka client implementation, allowing interactions with the DMaaP Bus of ONAP.
Following activities were initially planned for TransportPCE during the Silicon release:
- FlexGrid support improvement to allow Beyond100Gbps (B100G) OTN/WDM services creation
- Bug Fixes
- Upgrade improvements, especially OpenROADM support of new 7.1 models (at least for device models)
- Documentation improvements
- depending on the work load and the contributors availability
- Netconf Notifications support
- interconnection with orchestration / ONAP and use of Kafka broker
- TAPI support improvement